A career as a professional cook can be interesting and rewarding.
Our site is a free handbook to helping you locate some of the trusted cooking education colleges and programs on the market .
Most of these institutions have coaching in the necessary and elementary topics, which includes kitchen essentials, professional cook techniques, baking and roasting, kitchen processes, meal planning and restaurant management.
Four of the most commonly found education programs include these:
1. A specialized training completion certificate
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
These training programs range in duration from the one year concentrated coaching diplomas up to the four-year college degrees.
Almost all schools offer courses during the early evenings and also in the daytime as they attempt to enable enrollees as much flexibility as they can, since they know a lot of enrollees are working or have personal responsibilities.
All of these institutions supply work and vocational advancement services to their graduates. These services often get started even before graduation as a good number of enrollees will be placed in an internship program with a local restaurant.
Numerous schools additionally run a restaurant or cafe right on campus where enrollees receive extra hands-on experience and are able to expand their chef skills in a real restaurant setting.
Most graduates find their initial job with a mid-level restaurant, pastry shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial food preparation situation.
Many cities won’t have a great culinary school, most are found in the larger cities.
Try our search box down below to explore a list of available schools and click on one or more that you want to know even more about.
Take a look through these choices:
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
There are other career options. Look at AK schools.