A career as a professional cook can be interesting and rewarding.
Our site is a free handbook to helping you locate some of the trusted cooking education colleges and programs on the market .
Most of these institutions have coaching in the necessary and elementary topics, which includes kitchen essentials, professional cook techniques, baking and roasting, kitchen processes, meal planning and restaurant management.
Four of the most commonly found education programs include these:
1. A specialized training completion certificate
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
These training programs range in duration from the one year concentrated coaching diplomas up to the four-year college degrees.
Almost all schools offer courses during the early evenings and also in the daytime as they attempt to enable enrollees as much flexibility as they can, since they know a lot of enrollees are working or have personal responsibilities.
All of these institutions supply work and vocational advancement services to their graduates. These services often get started even before graduation as a good number of enrollees will be placed in an internship program with a local restaurant.
Numerous schools additionally run a restaurant or cafe right on campus where enrollees receive extra hands-on experience and are able to expand their chef skills in a real restaurant setting.
Most graduates find their initial job with a mid-level restaurant, pastry shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial food preparation situation.
Many cities won’t have a great culinary school, most are found in the larger cities.
Try our search box down below to explore a list of available schools and click on one or more that you want to know even more about.
Take a look through these choices:
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
There are other career options. Look at AK schools.