Are you thinking about earning a culinary degree?
This website is a simple guide to help you search for a lot of the biggest culinary arts education schools on the market today.
These types of institutions deliver instruction in the crucial and elementary topic areas, including food basics, kitchen skills, baking and roasting, restaurant kitchen layout and processes, meal and menu preparation and hospitality management.
Some of the most common degree programs include these:
1. A specialized training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Training programs range in duration from the under one year concentrated teaching programs up to the four year college degrees.
Many schools offer instruction during the evenings as well as during the day as they aim to enable students as much freedom as possible, since they realize a large number of students have full-time employment or have family responsibilities.
Most of these schools strive to provide job and career advancement services to their students and graduates. These services commonly begin before graduation as most individuals are positioned with an intern program at a nearby restaurant.
A number of institutions run a small restaurant directly on campus where pupils receive more hands-on work experience and are able to improve their kitchen skills and techniques in a real job setting.
A large number of fresh graduates secure their first job with a mid-level restaurant, pastry making shop, party caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen setting.
Not all smaller cities have a first-rate cooking school, many are set in the bigger cities.
Make use of the research box down below to look at a list of available institutions and click on one or more that you want to know even more about.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry Arts (AAS)
- And more...
You can fire up a new career with help from Auguste Escoffier Schools of Culinary Arts. We offer two programs for careers in the culinary industry, including culinary arts and pastry arts.
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Pastry Arts
Want some other career options? See other choices.