A career in the culinary arts is attainable if you are interested in it.
Our site is a quick guide that will help you explore some of the biggest culinary education programs offered today.
These schools feature training in the indispensable and core subject areas, such as kitchen basics, kitchen techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal and menu preparation and restaurant management.
Several of the common degree programs are these:
1. A specialized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Training programs range in length from the less than one year specialized education programs up to the four year college degrees.
A good number of institutions furnish courses during the evenings and throughout the day as they attempt to allow students as much freedom as is practical, since they are aware that quite a few students are working or have family responsibilities.
Most of these institutions strive to include employment and professional development services to their graduates. These services usually get started even before graduation as most pupils are placed with an internship program at a local restaurant.
A handful of institutions additionally have a restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra hands-on work experience and will improve their chef techniques and skills in a real kitchen atmosphere.
Lots of graduates find their starting position with a nice restaurant, baking shop, catering company, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen situation.
Many cities don’t have a first-rate culinary arts college, the majority will be built just in the larger cities.
Work with the search box down below to examine a list of available schools and select any that you really want to learn more about.
Here is a short list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Culinary Arts Diploma
Take a look at other degree choices — click here.