A career in the culinary arts is attainable if you are interested in it.
Our site is a quick guide that will help you explore some of the biggest culinary education programs offered today.
These schools feature training in the indispensable and core subject areas, such as kitchen basics, kitchen techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal and menu preparation and restaurant management.
Several of the common degree programs are these:
1. A specialized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Training programs range in length from the less than one year specialized education programs up to the four year college degrees.
A good number of institutions furnish courses during the evenings and throughout the day as they attempt to allow students as much freedom as is practical, since they are aware that quite a few students are working or have family responsibilities.
Most of these institutions strive to include employment and professional development services to their graduates. These services usually get started even before graduation as most pupils are placed with an internship program at a local restaurant.
A handful of institutions additionally have a restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra hands-on work experience and will improve their chef techniques and skills in a real kitchen atmosphere.
Lots of graduates find their starting position with a nice restaurant, baking shop, catering company, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen situation.
Many cities don’t have a first-rate culinary arts college, the majority will be built just in the larger cities.
Work with the search box down below to examine a list of available schools and select any that you really want to learn more about.
Here is a short list:
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto and Redding in California, and Salem in Oregon.
- Culinary Arts Professional
- Culinary Arts Specialist
- Baking and Pastry Specialist
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- And more...
Take a look at other degree choices — click here.