A career in the culinary arts is attainable if you are interested in it.
Our site is a quick guide that will help you explore some of the biggest culinary education programs offered today.
These schools feature training in the indispensable and core subject areas, such as kitchen basics, kitchen techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal and menu preparation and restaurant management.
Several of the common degree programs are these:
1. A specialized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Training programs range in length from the less than one year specialized education programs up to the four year college degrees.
A good number of institutions furnish courses during the evenings and throughout the day as they attempt to allow students as much freedom as is practical, since they are aware that quite a few students are working or have family responsibilities.
Most of these institutions strive to include employment and professional development services to their graduates. These services usually get started even before graduation as most pupils are placed with an internship program at a local restaurant.
A handful of institutions additionally have a restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra hands-on work experience and will improve their chef techniques and skills in a real kitchen atmosphere.
Lots of graduates find their starting position with a nice restaurant, baking shop, catering company, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen situation.
Many cities don’t have a first-rate culinary arts college, the majority will be built just in the larger cities.
Work with the search box down below to examine a list of available schools and select any that you really want to learn more about.
Here is a short list:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Take a look at other degree choices — click here.