Do you have the qualities to succeed as a professional cook?
This website is a quick guide to helping you discover several of the largest culinary arts and cooking education schools to choose from today.
A lot of these institutions provide instruction in the important and basic subject areas, including cooking fundamentals, professional chef skills, baking and pastry making, restaurant kitchen layout and organization, meal and menu preparation and hospitality management.
Several of the most commonly found education programs are:
1. A focused training achievement credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
These training programs range in length from the one-year focused training programs up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
Just about all colleges deliver classes in the early evenings in addition to throughout the day as they aim to permit students as much freedom as it can, since they are aware that a large number of students are working and/or have personal responsibilities.
Most of these colleges strive to furnish employment and professional development services to their students and graduates. These services often begin even before graduation as a lot of students are placed with an intern program with a nearby restaurant.
A lot of colleges additionally operate a small restaurant directly on campus where pupils obtain further actual experience and will increase their chef techniques and skills in a real restaurant atmosphere.
Lots of fresh graduates secure their very first position at a restaurant, pastry making shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen environment.
Many towns don’t have a first-rate culinary arts institution, the majority are built in the larger cities.
Use our research widget just below to review a short list of featured institutions and select one or more that you want to learn even more about.
Start with this list:
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Culinary Arts and Food Services
- International Baking and Pastry
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Take a look at more degree alternatives — learn more.