Do you have the qualities to succeed as a professional cook?
This website is a quick guide to helping you discover several of the largest culinary arts and cooking education schools to choose from today.
A lot of these institutions provide instruction in the important and basic subject areas, including cooking fundamentals, professional chef skills, baking and pastry making, restaurant kitchen layout and organization, meal and menu preparation and hospitality management.
Several of the most commonly found education programs are:
1. A focused training achievement credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
These training programs range in length from the one-year focused training programs up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
Just about all colleges deliver classes in the early evenings in addition to throughout the day as they aim to permit students as much freedom as it can, since they are aware that a large number of students are working and/or have personal responsibilities.
Most of these colleges strive to furnish employment and professional development services to their students and graduates. These services often begin even before graduation as a lot of students are placed with an intern program with a nearby restaurant.
A lot of colleges additionally operate a small restaurant directly on campus where pupils obtain further actual experience and will increase their chef techniques and skills in a real restaurant atmosphere.
Lots of fresh graduates secure their very first position at a restaurant, pastry making shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen environment.
Many towns don’t have a first-rate culinary arts institution, the majority are built in the larger cities.
Use our research widget just below to review a short list of featured institutions and select one or more that you want to learn even more about.
Start with this list:
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Culinary Arts and Food Services
- International Baking and Pastry
Take a look at more degree alternatives — learn more.