A degree in culinary arts can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
Our site is a short manual for helping you uncover several of the most recognized culinary arts education schools offered soon.
These kinds of institutions deliver instruction in the critical and basic subject areas, which includes food principles, professional chef techniques, baking, commercial kitchen processes, meal and menu planning and restaurant management.
Some of the most common training programs include:
1. A focused training achievement certificate
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
These programs range in duration from the one year focused training packages to the four year college degrees.
A large number of schools provide lessons during the early evenings together with throughout the day as they attempt to allow pupils as much flexibility as they can, as they know some students are working or have family commitments.
All of these schools strive to deliver work and career advancement services to their current students and graduates. These services generally get started before graduation as a lot of pupils get placed with an internship program at a community restaurant.
A number of schools also operate a restaurant right at campus where students obtain extra hands-on working experience and are able to improve their kitchen techniques in a real restaurant setting.
A lot of new graduates find their very first job at a mid-level restaurant, baking shop, event caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or other commercial food preparation situation.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts institution, the majority will be found in the larger cities.
Make use of the research box below to look at a short list of available institutions and click on any that you would like to know more about.
Begin your research here:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Culinary Arts
- Associate of Science in Baking and Pastry Arts
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Culinary Arts
- Certificate in Pastry Arts
There are other alternatives for you — GA options.