Does a career in the culinary arts interest you?
Our site is a short handbook to help you learn about some of the trusted culinary and restaurant education programs to choose from today.
Most of these schools provide coaching in the important and elementary topic areas, such as cooking concepts, chef techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal planning and hospitality operations.
Several of the common training programs include:
1. A specialized training achievement certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
Training programs range in length from the one-year specialized training programs to the full, four-year university degrees.
Many colleges have instruction during the evening along with in the daytime and they attempt to permit enrollees as much freedom as they can, because they know that lots of enrollees are working and/or have personal obligations.
All of these colleges make a strong effort to provide job and vocational growth services to their current students and graduates. These services often get started before graduation as many enrollees will be placed with an paid internship program at a local restaurant.
A handful of schools additionally operate a small restaurant at campus where trainees receive further real-life experience and are able to improve their kitchen skills in a real kitchen setting.
A great number of fresh graduates get their starting position with a mid-level restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or other commercial food preparation situation.
Many cities do not have a great culinary institution, the majority are operating just in the larger cities.
Try our research box directly below to check out a short list of institutions and click on any you want to know even more about.
You could start with these schools:
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
HI students have more education options — more info.