Does a career in the culinary arts interest you?
Our site is a short handbook to help you learn about some of the trusted culinary and restaurant education programs to choose from today.
Most of these schools provide coaching in the important and elementary topic areas, such as cooking concepts, chef techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal planning and hospitality operations.
Several of the common training programs include:
1. A specialized training achievement certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
Training programs range in length from the one-year specialized training programs to the full, four-year university degrees.
Many colleges have instruction during the evening along with in the daytime and they attempt to permit enrollees as much freedom as they can, because they know that lots of enrollees are working and/or have personal obligations.
All of these colleges make a strong effort to provide job and vocational growth services to their current students and graduates. These services often get started before graduation as many enrollees will be placed with an paid internship program at a local restaurant.
A handful of schools additionally operate a small restaurant at campus where trainees receive further real-life experience and are able to improve their kitchen skills in a real kitchen setting.
A great number of fresh graduates get their starting position with a mid-level restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or other commercial food preparation situation.
Many cities do not have a great culinary institution, the majority are operating just in the larger cities.
Try our research box directly below to check out a short list of institutions and click on any you want to know even more about.
You could start with these schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Hospitality Management
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
HI students have more education options — more info.