Have you always loved to cook?
Our site is a brief manual that will help you track down many of the widespread chef education programs available soon.
A lot of these schools provide education in the important and fundamental subjects, such as food safety fundamentals, cooking techniques, baking and roasting, professional kitchen processes, meal and menu planning and hospitality management.
Four of the most commonly found training programs are these:
1. A customized training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
These programs range in length from the one-year professional instruction packages up to the full, four-year undergraduate degrees.
Nearly all institutions furnish lessons in the evenings as well as throughout the day and they aim to give enrollees as much freedom as it can, as they realize that quite a few students are working full time and/or have family responsibilities.
These types of colleges work to furnish job and vocational growth services to their students. These services usually get started before graduation as a lot of individuals will be positioned in an paid internship program at a community restaurant.
A number of institutions additionally operate a restaurant directly on campus where pupils receive more actual experience and will build their kitchen skills and techniques in a real kitchen environment.
A number of fresh graduates get their very first position at a restaurant, baking shop, event caterer, hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen setting.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts college, most are running in larger cities.
Try the research widget down below to search a listing of available institutions and click on any that you want to learn more about.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
State KS can have additional degree choices — more Kansas colleges.