Have you considered going to school to become a chef?
Our site is a simple handbook for helping you locate a lot of the biggest training programs on the market right now.
The majority of these schools provide education in the essential and fundamental subject areas, such as food principles, professional chef skills, baking, professional kitchen processes, meal and menu preparation and restaurant management.
Four of the most commonly found diploma programs are these:
1. A concentrated training achievement certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Hospitality Management degree
Programs range in length from the one year professional training programs to the full, four-year university degrees.
A lot of schools deliver sessions during the evening in addition to in the daytime as they try to allow enrollees as much flexibility as is practical, since they understand that quite a few students are working and/or have personal responsibilities.
All of these training colleges work to supply job and vocational growth services to their graduates. These services frequently start just before graduation as most individuals are placed in an intern program at a nearby restaurant.
A handful of Kentucky schools have a restaurant directly on campus where individuals obtain more real-life experience and can grow their kitchen skills in a real job atmosphere.
Quite a few new graduates uncover their initial job at a nice restaurant, pastry making shop, event caterer, resort, cruise ship or other sort of commercial food preparation setting.
Many towns don’t have a first-rate culinary arts university, most will be operated just in the bigger cities.
Make use of our research box just below to have a look at a short list of colleges and click on any that you really want to learn even more about.
We have a list of affordable options:
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Associate of Science in Culinary Arts
- Professional Cook Career Diploma
- Associate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
KY students can find more career training options. More KY colleges.