The culinary arts can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you look for many of the widespread culinary arts and cooking education colleges and programs in Louisiana available for students to enroll in soon.
These types of schools give education in the indispensable and key topic areas, which includes cooking basics, kitchen techniques, baking and pastries, professional kitchen layout and organization, meal preparation and restaurant administration.
Some of the most popular diploma programs include these:
1. A concentrated training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs range in length from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
The majority of schools furnish instruction during the evening and during the day as they try to enable enrollees as much flexibility as possible, as they realize many students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
All of these schools work hard to give employment and occupational development services to their graduates. These services typically start before graduation as many students get placed in an internship program at a good, local restaurant.
Quite a few institutions additionally have a small restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra practical working experience and will improve their kitchen techniques in a real kitchen situation.
Countless fresh graduates secure their very first position with a nice restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts institution, many are set in the bigger cities, such as New Orleans.
Use our research box just below to explore a short list of showcased institutions and click on any you want to learn more about.
Look through this short list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
LA students can find more career training options — more LA colleges.