The culinary arts can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you look for many of the widespread culinary arts and cooking education colleges and programs in Louisiana available for students to enroll in soon.
These types of schools give education in the indispensable and key topic areas, which includes cooking basics, kitchen techniques, baking and pastries, professional kitchen layout and organization, meal preparation and restaurant administration.
Some of the most popular diploma programs include these:
1. A concentrated training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs range in length from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
The majority of schools furnish instruction during the evening and during the day as they try to enable enrollees as much flexibility as possible, as they realize many students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
All of these schools work hard to give employment and occupational development services to their graduates. These services typically start before graduation as many students get placed in an internship program at a good, local restaurant.
Quite a few institutions additionally have a small restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra practical working experience and will improve their kitchen techniques in a real kitchen situation.
Countless fresh graduates secure their very first position with a nice restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts institution, many are set in the bigger cities, such as New Orleans.
Use our research box just below to explore a short list of showcased institutions and click on any you want to learn more about.
Look through this short list:
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
LA students can find more career training options — more LA colleges.