The culinary arts can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you look for many of the widespread culinary arts and cooking education colleges and programs in Louisiana available for students to enroll in soon.
These types of schools give education in the indispensable and key topic areas, which includes cooking basics, kitchen techniques, baking and pastries, professional kitchen layout and organization, meal preparation and restaurant administration.
Some of the most popular diploma programs include these:
1. A concentrated training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs range in length from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
The majority of schools furnish instruction during the evening and during the day as they try to enable enrollees as much flexibility as possible, as they realize many students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
All of these schools work hard to give employment and occupational development services to their graduates. These services typically start before graduation as many students get placed in an internship program at a good, local restaurant.
Quite a few institutions additionally have a small restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra practical working experience and will improve their kitchen techniques in a real kitchen situation.
Countless fresh graduates secure their very first position with a nice restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts institution, many are set in the bigger cities, such as New Orleans.
Use our research box just below to explore a short list of showcased institutions and click on any you want to learn more about.
Look through this short list:
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
LA students can find more career training options — more LA colleges.