The culinary arts can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you look for many of the widespread culinary arts and cooking education colleges and programs in Louisiana available for students to enroll in soon.
These types of schools give education in the indispensable and key topic areas, which includes cooking basics, kitchen techniques, baking and pastries, professional kitchen layout and organization, meal preparation and restaurant administration.
Some of the most popular diploma programs include these:
1. A concentrated training completion credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs range in length from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four year undergraduate degrees.
The majority of schools furnish instruction during the evening and during the day as they try to enable enrollees as much flexibility as possible, as they realize many students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
All of these schools work hard to give employment and occupational development services to their graduates. These services typically start before graduation as many students get placed in an internship program at a good, local restaurant.
Quite a few institutions additionally have a small restaurant directly on campus where enrollees get extra practical working experience and will improve their kitchen techniques in a real kitchen situation.
Countless fresh graduates secure their very first position with a nice restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts institution, many are set in the bigger cities, such as New Orleans.
Use our research box just below to explore a short list of showcased institutions and click on any you want to learn more about.
Look through this short list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
LA students can find more career training options — more LA colleges.