Thinking about becoming a culinary arts major?
This site is a brief handbook to help you explore a lot of the most well-known culinary and chef training colleges and programs to choose from.
These kinds of institutions provide education in the indispensable and practical topics, which includes cooking concepts, kitchen techniques, baking and roasting, commercial kitchen organization, meal preparation and hospitality supervision.
Four of the most commonly found degree programs are:
1. A concentrated training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Hospitality Management
Programs range in length from the under one year specialized teaching packages to the four year college degrees.
Just about all colleges deliver classes during the evening and in the daytime as they aim to permit students as much freedom as it can, since they realize that many students are working or have personal commitments.
All these Maine schools commit time and effort to give work and vocational growth services to their graduate students. These services frequently start just before graduation as many individuals will be placed with an paid internship program at a community restaurant.
Quite a few colleges additionally operate a restaurant or cafe at campus where enrollees receive extra real-life experience and will improve their chef skills in a real world atmosphere.
Quite a few graduates secure their first starting job with a good-sized restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen environment.
Not all smaller cities have a good culinary college, most are found in the larger cities.
Utilize the research box directly below to review a short list of schools and click on any you want to know even more about.
See these good options:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
ME students can see other career training choices. See other Maine schools.