Thinking about becoming a culinary arts major?
This site is a brief handbook to help you explore a lot of the most well-known culinary and chef training colleges and programs to choose from.
These kinds of institutions provide education in the indispensable and practical topics, which includes cooking concepts, kitchen techniques, baking and roasting, commercial kitchen organization, meal preparation and hospitality supervision.
Four of the most commonly found degree programs are:
1. A concentrated training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Hospitality Management
Programs range in length from the under one year specialized teaching packages to the four year college degrees.
Just about all colleges deliver classes during the evening and in the daytime as they aim to permit students as much freedom as it can, since they realize that many students are working or have personal commitments.
All these Maine schools commit time and effort to give work and vocational growth services to their graduate students. These services frequently start just before graduation as many individuals will be placed with an paid internship program at a community restaurant.
Quite a few colleges additionally operate a restaurant or cafe at campus where enrollees receive extra real-life experience and will improve their chef skills in a real world atmosphere.
Quite a few graduates secure their first starting job with a good-sized restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen environment.
Not all smaller cities have a good culinary college, most are found in the larger cities.
Utilize the research box directly below to review a short list of schools and click on any you want to know even more about.
See these good options:
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
ME students can see other career training choices. See other Maine schools.