Thinking about going to school for a culinary degree?
This site is a brief manual that will help you explore some of the biggest chef education schools available to enroll at.
The majority of these institutions provide coaching in the essential and useful topics, such as food basics, professional chef skills, baking and pastry making, kitchen layout and processes, meal and menu planning and restaurant supervision.
Several of the most popular degree programs are these:
1. A focused training achievement certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Hospitality Management degree
These programs range in duration from the one year specialized coaching diplomas up to the full, four-year university degrees.
Just about all colleges offer lessons during the early evenings and also during the day as they attempt to allow pupils as much flexibility as it can, since they are aware that a number of enrollees are working or have personal obligations.
These types of institutions strive to supply work and occupational growth services to their graduates. These services generally start just before graduation as a good number of individuals get positioned in an intern program with a nearby restaurant.
Quite a few colleges additionally operate a small restaurant at campus where individuals obtain more real-life experience and will increase their chef skills and techniques in a real job setting.
Lots of fresh graduates find their first position at a good Baltimore restaurant, pastry making shop, caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial kitchen setting.
Many small cities do not have a first-rate cooking institution, the majority are based in the bigger cities.
Work with the research widget directly below to compare a listing of institutions and click on one or more that you really want to know even more about.
Take a look at these options:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- And more...
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Pastry Arts - Diploma
- Culinary Arts/Restaurant Management - Associate
MD students can check out more career training alternatives — Other MD schools.