Thinking about going to school for a culinary degree?
This site is a brief manual that will help you explore some of the biggest chef education schools available to enroll at.
The majority of these institutions provide coaching in the essential and useful topics, such as food basics, professional chef skills, baking and pastry making, kitchen layout and processes, meal and menu planning and restaurant supervision.
Several of the most popular degree programs are these:
1. A focused training achievement certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Hospitality Management degree
These programs range in duration from the one year specialized coaching diplomas up to the full, four-year university degrees.
Just about all colleges offer lessons during the early evenings and also during the day as they attempt to allow pupils as much flexibility as it can, since they are aware that a number of enrollees are working or have personal obligations.
These types of institutions strive to supply work and occupational growth services to their graduates. These services generally start just before graduation as a good number of individuals get positioned in an intern program with a nearby restaurant.
Quite a few colleges additionally operate a small restaurant at campus where individuals obtain more real-life experience and will increase their chef skills and techniques in a real job setting.
Lots of fresh graduates find their first position at a good Baltimore restaurant, pastry making shop, caterer, hotel, cruise ship or other classification of commercial kitchen setting.
Many small cities do not have a first-rate cooking institution, the majority are based in the bigger cities.
Work with the research widget directly below to compare a listing of institutions and click on one or more that you really want to know even more about.
Take a look at these options:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Culinary Arts and Food Services
MD students can check out more career training alternatives — Other MD schools.