Thinking about going to chef training school?
Our website is a quick handbook to helping you learn about many of the well-known cooking education programs to choose from .
A lot of these institutions feature instruction in the important and basic topics, which includes cooking basics, professional cook skills, baking and pastries, kitchen layout and processes, meal and menu preparation and hospitality operations.
Some of the common diploma programs are these:
1. A specialized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Hospitality Management
Training programs range in length from the under one year concentrated education diplomas up to the full, four-year college degrees.
Nearly all colleges furnish instruction in the evening together with in the daytime and they try to enable enrollees as much flexibility as it can, since they realize a large number of students have full-time jobs and/or have personal commitments.
These institutions commit time and effort to offer employment and career advancement services to their students and graduates. These services ordinarily start even before graduation as most pupils will be placed with an paid internship program at a community restaurant.
Several institutions operate a small restaurant right at campus where enrollees receive more real-life work experience and can grow their chef skills and techniques in a real job atmosphere.
Countless fresh graduates locate their very first position with a good-sized restaurant, baking shop, event caterer, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen setting.
Many cities won’t have a first-rate culinary arts school, the majority will be operated in the bigger cities.
Use the research box directly below to go through a listing of showcased schools and click on any that you want to learn even more about.
Local or online choices:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- And more...
- Gives students the opportunity to earn their associate’s degree in the culinary arts field in less than 15 months
- Located in Norfolk and Newport News, Virginia.
- Offers externship experiences to students for experience in the field.
- Hosts regular career fairs for employer recruitment.
- Has student housing available.
- Applied Nutrition
- Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Culinary Arts
- DIP - Pastry Arts
Turn your culinary passion into developed career skills at The Chef’s Academy. Pursue a hands-on, career-focused education in culinary arts, pastry arts, hospitality, and restaurant management.
- Culinary Arts Associates
- Pastry Arts Associates
There are other options in this state if you want to look for them. See design training in NC.