Trying to decide whether formal education as a chef is for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you uncover many of the well-known culinary and cooking training schools to choose from today.
Most of these schools give training in the valuable and useful subject areas, including kitchen basics, professional chef skills, baking and pastries, restaurant kitchen organization, meal planning and restaurant supervision.
Some of the most common diploma programs include these:
1. A customized training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs vary in duration from the less than one year specialized instruction packages to the full, four-year college degrees.
The majority of colleges deliver lessons during the evening in addition to during the day as they aim to give enrollees as much flexibility as possible, since they know many enrollees have full-time jobs or have personal responsibilities.
Each of these schools work hard to offer employment and professional development services to their current students and graduates. These services frequently start before graduation as a good number of enrollees get placed with an intern program at a nearby restaurant.
Quite a few schools operate a small restaurant right on campus where individuals receive additional real-life work experience and will develop their chef techniques and skills in a simulated job environment.
A great number of graduates secure their first starting job at a mid-level restaurant, pastry making shop, catering service, large hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial food preparation environment.
Not all cities have a good culinary institution, the majority are based in the larger cities.
Utilize the search widget just below to review a listing of featured institutions and select one or more you want to know more about.
Here are a few choices:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
There are more options in ND if you care to look. Look for design courses in Fargo.