Trying to decide whether formal education as a chef is for you?
This website is a brief guide which will help you uncover many of the well-known culinary and cooking training schools to choose from today.
Most of these schools give training in the valuable and useful subject areas, including kitchen basics, professional chef skills, baking and pastries, restaurant kitchen organization, meal planning and restaurant supervision.
Some of the most common diploma programs include these:
1. A customized training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs vary in duration from the less than one year specialized instruction packages to the full, four-year college degrees.
The majority of colleges deliver lessons during the evening in addition to during the day as they aim to give enrollees as much flexibility as possible, since they know many enrollees have full-time jobs or have personal responsibilities.
Each of these schools work hard to offer employment and professional development services to their current students and graduates. These services frequently start before graduation as a good number of enrollees get placed with an intern program at a nearby restaurant.
Quite a few schools operate a small restaurant right on campus where individuals receive additional real-life work experience and will develop their chef techniques and skills in a simulated job environment.
A great number of graduates secure their first starting job at a mid-level restaurant, pastry making shop, catering service, large hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial food preparation environment.
Not all cities have a good culinary institution, the majority are based in the larger cities.
Utilize the search widget just below to review a listing of featured institutions and select one or more you want to know more about.
Here are a few choices:
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
There are more options in ND if you care to look. Look for design courses in Fargo.