Would a career in culinary arts be right for you?
This website is a simple manual that will help you locate some of the most recognized culinary and chef training schools available today.
These types of institutions have training in the critical and core subject areas, which includes food preparation fundamentals, cooking techniques, baking and roasting, commercial kitchen layout and processes, meal and menu planning and restaurant supervision.
Four of the most popular training programs include:
1. A concentrated training achievement credential
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
These programs range in duration from the one-year concentrated coaching packages to the four year university degrees.
A lot of institutions provide instruction during the early evenings together with during the day as they aim to permit students as much flexibility as it can, because they understand that quite a few enrollees are working full time and/or have personal obligations.
Each of these schools make sure they provide employment and professional development services to their students and graduates. These services normally begin before graduation as most enrollees are placed with an intern program with a community restaurant.
Certain colleges run a small restaurant at campus where students obtain further hands-on working experience and will develop their chef techniques and skills in a real job setting.
Quite a few new graduates uncover their initial position at a restaurant, baking shop, event caterer, large hotel, cruise ship or some other commercial kitchen environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a great culinary arts university, most are set just in the larger cities.
Work with the research widget below to go through a listing of available schools and click on any you want to know more about.
Schools you might consider:
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You can check out other career alternatives in Nashville and Memphis and other local education options.