Central Virginia Community College
• Established in 1966, Central Virginia Community College (CVCC) is a two-year college located in Lynchburg, Virginia and is part of the Virginia Community College System
• The curriculum and programs of the College serve more than 228,000 people within this geographical jurisdiction.
• The College offers various programs to meet the needs of the surrounding areas.
• Its two-year college transfer programs in arts and sciences and pre-professional areas leading to associate degrees.
• Its occupational and technical programs lead to diplomas, certificates, or associate of applied science degrees and are designed to prepare individuals for a professional career.
• CVCC's other programs, including developmental work, special training for industry, and community service, are also quite popular.
• Academic Divisions of the college are:
1. Business & allied health
2. Humanities & social sciences
3. Science, math & engineering
• The Library supports the educational mission of the College by:
1. Providing students and faculty access to information and data in a variety of formats.
2. Assisting users in locating the information and data they need as well as in using the different formats.
• Distance Education is also provided in specific fields in order to ensure that bright students do not stay away from education just because they stay away from the campus.
• Financial Aid office looks after providing different financial services, scholarships etc to bright students. Most of the times, you would find them busy with application and compiling data for students.
• Clubs & Organizations form an integral part of the campus life. The college is known for running many different clubs that help in making students aware of their surroundings, developing leadership or environment consciousness.
• Allied health clubs include
1. Med Lab Club
2. Radiology Club
3. Respiratory Therapy Club
• The Art Club is designed to stimulate an interest in fine arts, this club includes art, design, drawing, photography, and computer graphics. Some activities include workshops, art shows, studio nights, guest speakers, and field trips. Membership is open to all interested students.
• Black Student Alliance Works mostly for serving the African-American students and looking after their needs, their culture and heritage. The membership is open to all interested students of the said hierarchy.
• Environmental science club To educate the community about the environment and our relationship with the earth and to initiate and facilitate activities to better the environment. Membership is open to all interested students.
Go visit Central Virginia Community College
Look at other school options in your area: