Are you considering working as a professional cook?
This site is a simple handbook to help you uncover a lot of the well-known culinary arts training programs available to enroll at today.
The majority of these schools deliver education in the valuable and useful topics, such as food science essentials, professional chef techniques, baking, restaurant kitchen organization, meal and menu planning and hospitality administration.
Four of the most commonly found diploma programs are:
1. A specialized training achievement credential
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Programs range in duration from the under one year concentrated teaching programs to the full, four-year undergraduate degrees.
Just about all schools deliver instruction in the early evenings and also in the daytime and they attempt to give enrollees as much flexibility as possible, as they know a lot of enrollees are working and/or have family commitments.
These colleges put in the time to deliver employment and vocational advancement services to their graduates. These services often begin even before graduation as a good number of enrollees get positioned in an paid internship program with a nearby restaurant.
Various institutions run a small restaurant right on campus where trainees get extra real-life experience and can increase their chef techniques in a real world atmosphere.
Most new graduates locate their first job at a good restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, resort, cruise ship or other sort of commercial food preparation setting.
Not all smaller cities have a great cooking institution, the majority will be found just in the bigger cities.
Try the search box directly below to check out a list of schools and click on one or more which you want to know more about.
Look at these choices:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You have education alternatives in Salt Lake City and UT. Other local career training.