Would you be a good fit for a career as a professional cook?
This site is a fast manual to helping you locate several of the popular restaurant and culinary education schools on the market .
These types of institutions deliver coaching in the valuable and key subjects, which includes food science basics, cooking skills, baking, commercial kitchen organization, meal and menu planning and restaurant operations.
Four of the most commonly found degree programs are:
1. A focused training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Training programs range in duration from the one-year concentrated teaching packages up to the four year college degrees.
The majority of institutions deliver lessons during the early evenings in addition to throughout the day as they aim to permit students as much flexibility as is practical, as they are aware that plenty of students are working full time or have personal responsibilities.
All these institutions commit time and effort to deliver work and occupational growth services to their graduate students. These services often get started before graduation as a lot of enrollees will be placed in an paid internship program with a nearby restaurant.
Plenty of colleges also operate a small restaurant right on campus where students receive extra hands-on experience and will develop their chef techniques and skills in a real world situation.
Many new graduates uncover their first job at a good-sized restaurant, pastry shop, food caterer, resort, cruise ship or some other commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a good culinary arts institution, many will be located just in the larger cities.
Utilize the search widget just below to compare a listing of institutions and select one or more that you would like to learn more about.
Schools that might work for you:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AA)
- Baking & Pastry (D)
- And more...
Turn your passion for food into a career at the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Virginia Beach and VA have other education options. Check into formal training in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.