Would you be a good fit for a career as a professional cook?
This site is a fast manual to helping you locate several of the popular restaurant and culinary education schools on the market .
These types of institutions deliver coaching in the valuable and key subjects, which includes food science basics, cooking skills, baking, commercial kitchen organization, meal and menu planning and restaurant operations.
Four of the most commonly found degree programs are:
1. A focused training completion certification
2. An Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Training programs range in duration from the one-year concentrated teaching packages up to the four year college degrees.
The majority of institutions deliver lessons during the early evenings in addition to throughout the day as they aim to permit students as much flexibility as is practical, as they are aware that plenty of students are working full time or have personal responsibilities.
All these institutions commit time and effort to deliver work and occupational growth services to their graduate students. These services often get started before graduation as a lot of enrollees will be placed in an paid internship program with a nearby restaurant.
Plenty of colleges also operate a small restaurant right on campus where students receive extra hands-on experience and will develop their chef techniques and skills in a real world situation.
Many new graduates uncover their first job at a good-sized restaurant, pastry shop, food caterer, resort, cruise ship or some other commercial food preparation environment.
Many smaller cities do not have a good culinary arts institution, many will be located just in the larger cities.
Utilize the search widget just below to compare a listing of institutions and select one or more that you would like to learn more about.
Schools that might work for you:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Classes start on August 16
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Culinary Arts (AAA)
- And more...
Turn your passion for food into a career at the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Virginia Beach and VA have other education options. Check into formal training in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.