Working as a professional cook can be pretty great, but is it right for you?
This website is a brief handbook to help you learn about many of the popular culinary arts and chef training schools on the market.
These schools feature education in the vital and key subjects, including food preparation concepts, professional cook skills, baking and roasting, professional kitchen layout and processes, meal preparation and hospitality operations.
Several of the common education programs include:
1. A customized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Training programs range in duration from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four-year university degrees.
A large number of institutions deliver courses in the evenings along with throughout the day as they attempt to give pupils as much flexibility as it can, as they understand that plenty of students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
Most of these schools make sure they supply employment and professional growth services to their current students and graduates. These services usually get started even before graduation as many individuals will be placed with an paid internship program with a city restaurant.
Plenty of institutions additionally have a restaurant or cafe at campus where individuals receive additional hands-on working experience and will improve their kitchen skills in a real kitchen environment.
Plenty of graduates secure their first job with a nice restaurant, baking shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen setting.
Many cities do not have a good culinary arts university, many are found just in the larger cities.
Use the search widget below to explore a short list of available colleges and click on any that you really want to learn even more about.
There are some good options:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Charleston and WV have more schools with other options, such as two-year degrees at http://www.associatedegreesonline.org.