Working as a professional cook can be pretty great, but is it right for you?
This website is a brief handbook to help you learn about many of the popular culinary arts and chef training schools on the market.
These schools feature education in the vital and key subjects, including food preparation concepts, professional cook skills, baking and roasting, professional kitchen layout and processes, meal preparation and hospitality operations.
Several of the common education programs include:
1. A customized training achievement qualification
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art in Restaurant Management degree
Training programs range in duration from the one-year focused teaching diplomas up to the four-year university degrees.
A large number of institutions deliver courses in the evenings along with throughout the day as they attempt to give pupils as much flexibility as it can, as they understand that plenty of students have full-time employment or have family commitments.
Most of these schools make sure they supply employment and professional growth services to their current students and graduates. These services usually get started even before graduation as many individuals will be placed with an paid internship program with a city restaurant.
Plenty of institutions additionally have a restaurant or cafe at campus where individuals receive additional hands-on working experience and will improve their kitchen skills in a real kitchen environment.
Plenty of graduates secure their first job with a nice restaurant, baking shop, party caterer, resort, cruise ship or other type of commercial kitchen setting.
Many cities do not have a good culinary arts university, many are found just in the larger cities.
Use the search widget below to explore a short list of available colleges and click on any that you really want to learn even more about.
There are some good options:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- Culinary Management (BS)
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Hospitality Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Charleston and WV have more schools with other options, such as two-year degrees at http://www.associatedegreesonline.org.