Are you considering a degree in the culinary arts?
This site is a quick manual which will help you uncover some of the most trusted chef education colleges and programs offered soon.
These institutions give coaching in the essential and key topics, such as kitchen essentials, cooking techniques, baking and roasting, commercial kitchen organization, meal preparation and restaurant management.
Several of the most common diploma programs include these:
1. A customized training achievement credential
2. An Associate Degree in the Culinary Arts
3. An Applied Science Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
4. A Bachelor’s of Art degree in Restaurant Management
Programs vary in duration from the under one year concentrated training programs to the four-year undergraduate degrees.
A good number of schools deliver lessons in the evening and throughout the day as they aim to enable students as much flexibility as possible, because they realize a number of enrollees are working full time and/or have personal obligations.
These types of colleges make an effort to offer work and professional development services to their current students and graduates. These services typically start even before graduation as a lot of enrollees are placed in an intern program with a community restaurant.
A number of institutions additionally operate a restaurant or cafe right on campus where individuals get more actual working experience and are able to expand their kitchen techniques and skills in a simulated job setting.
Plenty of fresh graduates get their first starting position with a good restaurant, pastry making shop, food caterer, resort, cruise ship or other sort of commercial food preparation environment.
Many cities do not have a first-rate culinary arts college, the majority will be located in the bigger cities.
Make use of the research box just below to search a listing of available colleges and select one or more that you would like to know even more about.
Schools you could consider:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
You do have more education alternatives in Milwaukee, Madison and other WI cities. Check out some two-year career options.